Overlooking the Bay of Mirabello and on the crossroads between the three major towns of the County, is located in the seaside village of Pachia Ammos. Characteristic are the many taverns on the beach and of course the great importance of Minoan settlement of Gournia is located under. The population of the village is 574 inhabitants (census 2011), 162 inhabitants (census of 1928, [first recording) the blonde bimbo sand that stretches in a large seafront responsible apparently for the name with the first report is the 1630 but without recorded the village. He created several later, in the early 20th century and evolved very quickly, with a small tourist facilities and of course the famous fish taverns.
Now Pachia Ammos is a milestone for everyone who visits the Lassithi while summers apart from the long beach of is famous for the many events which attract crowds.
Pachia Ammos nowadays is the seat of the Institute for the study of the prehistoric Aegean, Eastern Crete curated systematic archaeological research in the region.
The Minoan town of Gournia, 2 km west of Pachia Ammos, who flourished around 1600p. Ch. built regional at little Hill, on top of which there was little Palace square for the rituals.
Faneromeni monastery, dedicated to the Hooly Mary’w death and Zoodochos Pigi probably founded during the Byzantine period. In the liberating fights there took the persecuted Christians, but the chieftains and the fighters of the region for shelter and empowerment.